Sunday, November 4

Welcome Home...

So yeah, I slacked in October. Nothing from yours truly. I am horrible I know. :(

But good things are afoot. At least in the blogoscopeworldthingimahjigger. Nablopomo. Yeah, that's a word, apparently. That or someone hacked up a lung during a cough, and decided to call it English.

Anyways, it's a dedication to write a blog a day in the month of Novembor. Something about "National Blogging Month" or some other twisted obsession with spewing mental jism all over a webpage.

Especially given my mental state as of late, it's probably a good thing that I do it, just to keep myself sane. I tend to let things get into my head too easily, and let it fester, boil, and rot. Suffice to say, my brain smells like rotting cabbage for the most part. Any time that it doesn't, it's usually saturated in a cranium filled with Guinness. Breakfast of champions right there, ladies and gentlemen, and don't you forget it.

So, what has been going on in the deviant's life? Stress. That's what. Lots of stress. On top of going to school nightly, working every weekend(remember? 40 hours? 3 days?), and studying for my networking certifications, I'm quite dead at the moment. I haven't had a real day off since April when I started working.

Last month I had two days off from class each week, but I can't really consider that "time off" since I was in the process of moving, and getting situated into some new digs. It was more of a "slight delay in rushing to the next tragedy". Either way, I'm one small step away from being completely burnt out.

I've pretty much stopped caring about my job, and my education, which is a big sign that I need a change in my life. The school has turned into a total joke. Not because of my actions, mind you, but because of the lack of ability to properly manage the joint by the administration. Half of the faculty can't teach, and those that can, are never around. So it's a lose-lose, either way.

And the job, oh god, that's just a nightmare in itself. I'm tired of working in an environment, where one tiny microscopic mistake can mean the end of my income. To put it into layman's terms, I can get a request from a propery to do something, and if I don't confirm with them twelve more times that I have permission to do the task...and I do the task...well, hello unemployment office.

Add to that, me trying to gain two certifications at the same time, one work-mandated, and one self-imposed. Yeah, life's pretty stressful.

And dear god, I hate Internet Explorer. You'd think that if Microsoft were such a brilliant company, they'd be able to write a web browser that wasn't a total piece of crap.

Day 1? Done.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I found you through the NaBloPoMo Randomizer. I've challenged myself to visit as many blogs as possible during the month. I find it very interesting to see what others find to talk about, admire the different web designs, and share a thought or two. I'm not sure you and I have any common ground. But I do hope your life gets better. Stress can be a killer.