Monday, August 27

Hello World...

So there I am. Finally bit the bullet and decided to start writing again. What prompted this, I have no clue at all. Could be anything ranging from stress, to needing an outlet to abuse, to just sheer boredom. Such is life.

But I digress.

Hi, I'm Jason. I'll be your tour guide for this trip down insanity lane. My life is boring as fuck(oh yes, by the way, I curse a lot...deal with it). I'm on a graveyard schedule. I typically don't wake up until 3 or 4 in the afternoon, and I slack off for a little bit, then I head to class. Yep. Night class. See the little side bar, and how it says "student"? I'm a late bloomer. 29 and I'm a year away from graduating. At 30. How sad is that? Ok, it's probably not sad at all. It's probably a really good thing that I'm getting some sort of an education, and doing something good with my life. But to do it 10 years later than I should have, is just...well...tragic.

I'm in the networking/security major at my...building...that I go to every day to get an education. I wouldn't really call it a university, because well...frankly, it's not. It's a building. Plain and simple. People walk in and out of it. Drama happens. Education sometimes rears its ugly head, and we take it in stride. Accelerated courses, new classes every 5 weeks, I haven't had a break from class since January, and I won't see another one until next summer. Suffice to say, I'm a little burnt at this point...toasty if you will...bring the marshmallows, cuz I can make a mean s'more.

I'm also a network engineer. No, really? Yes, really. Genius, huh? Again, I get up at the butt crack of late afternoon, go to work until way the fuck too early in the morning, and then I go home, sleep, and do it all over again. Sad, isn't it?

So we have student and corporate drone. What else does this leave us? Oh yeah..

Hi, I'm a geek. Terrible geek, really. I play video games. Lots of them. I've got a stack of Xbox 360 games on my shelf that I cycle in pretty much daily. What's my current game? Bioshock. It's terribly creepy. Something about little gothic girls(not you spindly little pancake makeup, black latex wearing namby pambies...get the fuck out and get some fucking sun) sucking the essence out of people while being protected by the demonic diver from the depths of hell, really freaks me out. I guess it has nothing to do with the really creepy 30's music playing in the background, also.

I also play World of Warcraft. Religiously. You say "addiction" and I say "shut the fuck up and get me a glass of water". We're on the same wavelength, right? Ok good.

I migrated from WoW when I went back to school. I had played Everquest for a few years....5 or so, if memory recalls. Right since around the point of Planes of Power, whenever the hell that was.

Oh, for those of you who don't know, years of too much beer pong and tequila body shots have pretty much ravaged what crappy memory I already had, so bear with me whenever I start to ramble, or have shady recollections.

Where was I? Ah yeah. I was on Everquest for way the hell too long, actually. When I went back to school, I couldn't raid with my guild anymore. Night classes and night raiding don't mix very well together, so the latter had to go so I could go with the former. I had already just gotten to the point where I was caught up with my guild, and couldn't handle losing another year and having to play the catch-up game yet again, so I gave it up, and went elsewhere. A few months later, I picked up WoW on a whim, when a bunch of co-workers enlightened me to the fact that almost all of them play it. That pretty much sold me on it, I decided to quit resisting, bought it, and never looked back.

Now I pretty play every day. If only for a little while, since I can feel like I've made some sort of progress. That's what I love about the game. I can play for 15 minutes and feel like I've accomplished something. Tiny little ego strokes every day does wonders for your outlook on life.
So that covers three.

I'm a hustler, too. Or at least I like to think of myself as one. When I was in high school, I picked up a pool cue for the first time in my life. I've been playing ever since, going on what, 15 years now? I play in local leagues, even went to Las Vegas last year for a national tournament. Missed the money round by one round, but made up for it by puking my guts out after a tequila binge at Pure a few hours later(have you grasped the fact that I like to drink? Good, if not, I was going to be concerned).

That trip was probably one of my favorites of all-time. But definitely a story for another time. Can't completely blow my wad the first time, now can I?

Everything else is pretty self-explanatory, and some of those things you'll just pick up on in time. I'm not going to explain to you every tiny little intricate detail of my life, by any means. Nor would I think you'd be anywhere near interested.

It just occurred to me, that the Breakfast Club has absolutely *nothing* to do with this post...aside from the fact that it's in my top 3 Best Movies of All Time(post to come, methinks). Don't ask why I chose that picture. For some reason, it just seemed very appropriate. Neener neener.

So there you have it. Me in a semi-text-based-lifeform-with-odd-ramblings nutshell. Stay tuned. If my odd life is any sign, this place is going to get a lot more odd in time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You don't know how much it terrifies me that I include The Breakfast Club in my top three movies of all time.